It has been some time since I worked on The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt. Too long, actually. But the fact of the matter is, there is not enough time in the day for a clean house, clean laundry, a family and pets who are fed and nurtured, and the numerous quilting and crochet projects I have underway. Something has to give and it is usually the sewing.
Anyway, we are back in the swing of it now. There is no way this quilt will be ready for the Quilt Show this year. We are now aiming for next year. Filomena came over to a sewing day and we got three blocks done. I also finished quilting a double bed size quilt, and quilted another double bed size quilt, and got the fabrics ready for the next blocks. It was a very productive day, and we should do them more often.
I had this block cut out for some time, so I just had to sew it together. It was very simple and quick to do, being rotary cut and machine pieced, however it came out at 6.25". Not entirely happy with that. Usually I would undo it and start again, but this quilt is a journey for me to just keep going and not to get bogged down in the getting every little thing right. We will see how it pans out at the end.
I really like the colour scheme, even though they are not my colours at all. It is very similar to our new-to-us caravan. I will put some photos up over the next few weeks as we fix it up. Just think: 1981 = mission brown and golden yellow.
Thanks for stopping by!